Town Team Movement provides consultancy services for local governments, state government agencies and businesses.
Our approach is different. We focus on enabling positive change, empowerment, transparency and responsibility, both for the community and external stakeholders, as well as internal employees and decision-making structures. The last thing we want to deliver is just another document that ‘sits on the shelf’!
We help to create and deliver positive change and have decades of experience in:
- Placemaking and activation
- Community engagement and empowerment
- Pop-up community-focussed engagement events
- Place strategy and planning
- Creating and supporting town teams
- Place Improvement Districts
- Creating a positive, can-do culture
- Place leadership and governance
- Place measurement
Our purpose as a company is to build connected, resilient communities and better places and this mission is reflected in all the work we do.
Appointing Town Team Movement helps to support town teams and community empowerment
Social procurement is when organisations use their buying power to generate social value above and beyond the value of the goods, services or construction being procured.
There is a growing national and international focus on the strategic use of the procurement function to deliver social, economic and environmental outcomes. Although social procurement is not new, it is increasingly recognised as an important tool for governments to:
- leverage their purchasing power to achieve broader public policy objectives;
- increase opportunities and expand markets for ‘social benefit suppliers’;
- influence mainstream suppliers (i.e. suppliers that are not social benefit suppliers) to prioritise social value creation; and
- diversify supply chains to, among other things, drive competition, promote innovation and provide all suppliers with a full and fair opportunity to compete
Town Team Movement is a non-profit company and we don’t have shareholders. All net revenue generated is spent on supporting and building town teams and creating better places.
Appointing us will help to support and benefit town teams and community empowerment.
Source: Victorian Government’s Social Procurement Framework – Buyer Guidance