Example of: Public Engagement & Activation Client: City of Logan
Town Team Movement was engaged to develop and implement a public and stakeholder engagement program with the purpose of developing an even better Jimboomba Town Centre.
“The amount of people that attended (engagement exercises) was incredible, and they were switched on and engaged with the event. It was great to see how many people were giving considered, fulsome feedback on how they would like to see Jimboomba town centre evolve both for the next two to three years and longer term.”
Cr Schwarz comments on Engagement process.
Throughout the course of the engagement program, more than 500 local community members, businesses, councillors and state representatives were engaged and approximately 2000 comments were received. TTM staff employed the following engagement techniques throughout the place making process:
- Interactive and fun local visioning and capacity building workshops
- Street prototyping activities to test new ideas
- Business workshops to promote the local economy and better market the unique offerings
- ‘Dot’Mocracy public voting of place activation ideas and place themes
- ‘Many Hands’ Public Survey for the wider community to vote on a renewed vision for the town centre
- Video and online surveys
- Digital mapping exercises
As a result, it was clear that the wider opportunity had taken the opportunity and shape the future place vision for the Jimboomba town centre. The place recommendations are currently with the local government for final consideration.