When: 8.45am to 12 noon, Tuesday 28 May 2019
Where: Kitchen Building, Heathcote Cultural Centre, Applecross
Rather than working in isolation, let’s work together and share knowledge and experiences. This group workshop with your peers will build your understanding, skills and equip you with new ideas. You’ll leave with actions you can implement straight away. More information and tickets are available at https://town-team-workshop.eventbrite.com.au.
Workshop for Town Teams on Creating Wins and Managing Challenges
When: 6-8pm, Thursday 13 June 2019
Where: Pirate Bar, 25 Green Street, Mount Hawthorn
Join your hosts Mt Hawthorn Hub and Town Team Movement for a practical workshop for Town Team Committee Members to work together and brainstorm solutions! We think this will be most useful for Town Team Committee Members. If you are not a Committee Member, but would like to contribute, please come along. More information and tickets are available at https://town-team-workshop.eventbrite.com.au.
How to Create an Event on a Shoestring Budget
We co-hosted the first of our How To … series with Northbridge Common on 20 February 2019 at City Farm. Here are some tips from town teamers and event gurus. You can also watch the “rustic” footage from the live feed here https://www.facebook.com/townteammovement/videos/247192112834168/
Nic Temov from Jane’s Walks
What is a Jane’s Walk?
- Free and open to all
- Open to future, change
- About human stories
- Two-way conversation
- Take photos, keep notes
Bec Nguyen – Fr’Inglewood
Fr’Inglewood = Inglewood on Beaufort meets Fringe World Festival!
- 14th January – 11th February 2019
- 24 performances over 5 Mondays during the Monday Night Markets, from 6pm – 8:30pm
- 19 different shows including roving performances
- Free to attend, approx attendance of +300 people each night
Suzi Russo – The Momentum Building in Morley
- Get to know your businesses
- Plan your pitch to businesses
- Research businesses responsibility to communities
- Use your connections
- Build a solid relationship with your council
- Create momentum and motivation
- Utilise public spaces as venues for events
Eamonn Lourey – Putting on an Event with No Budget
- Find the energy
- Find the loopholes (in the rules)
- Ask for help (strategically)
- Have a purpose and a measurable impact
- Have fun!
- Recruit helpers
Your Challenge! Put on one event a year with no budget, no grant money, no events company etc. Just so you know you can