Town Team Movement is an ‘under-arching’, non-profit organisation helping to create a network of town teams around Australia and New Zealand.
Active citizenship, a network of town teams, thriving communities and better places.
Inspiring active citizenship and supporting Town Teams across Australasia to help build connected communities and better places.
What We Do
- We are leading a renaissance of community involvement and leadership. We help town teams get organised
- Establish new Town Teams
- Work with and assist local governments with placemaking, community development and creating a positive, ‘can do’ culture
- Support and mentor existing Town Teams including:
- Helping them to organise, engage and empower their communities
- Sharing knowledge, resources and best practices
- Hosting networking and learning events
- Assisting them to be financially sustainable
- Promoting events and activities of Town Teams
- Providing advice, support and mentorship
Town Team Movement Organisational Structure
- We are guided by a group of passionate volunteers we call the Guardians that have lived and breathed town teams over the last 6 years. The Guardians are the vision-keepers of the organisation and vote on the Directors of the organisation
- Our Directors are also volunteers that oversee the strategic direction and corporate governance of the organisation
- Our paid staff and contractors are led by Chief Executive Officer, Dean Cracknell. These are the people who can work with you and your community