Town Team Movement is an ‘under-arching’, non-profit organisation helping to create a network of town teams around Australia and New Zealand.
Active citizenship, a network of town teams, thriving communities and better places.
Inspiring active citizenship and supporting Town Teams across Australasia to help build connected communities and better places.
What We Do
We are leading a renaissance of community involvement. We help town teams get organised and be active and positive ‘doers’ in their local communities.
We help to:
- Inspire active citizenship
- Build connected, resilient communities and better places
- Establish new Town Teams
- Work with and assist local governments with placemaking, community development and creating a positive, ‘can do’ culture
- Support and mentor existing Town Teams including:
- Helping them to organise, engage and empower their communities
- Sharing knowledge, resources and best practices
- Hosting networking and learning events
- Assisting them to be financially sustainable
- Promoting events and activities of Town Teams
- Providing advice, support and mentorship
Town Team Movement Organisational Structure
- We are guided by a group of passionate volunteers we call the Guardians that have lived and breathed town teams over the last 6 years. The Guardians are the vision-keepers of the organisation and vote on the Directors of the organisation
- Our Directors are also volunteers that oversee the strategic direction and corporate governance of the organisation
- Our paid staff and contractors are led by Chief Executive Officer, Dean Cracknell. These are the people who can work with you and your community